Tuesday, Speed Workout
Conditions: 85 degrees, nice breeze, high humidity
I've decided to get serious about my speed workouts as I have heard time and time again this is the best way to get faster. In addition to the MDI Marathon, my other primary goal is to speed up on distances up to a 10K. In reality, I want to keep up with everyone on Thirsty Thursdays, as these are often times run at a decent pace.
Today I went out and did my "timed" interval run, 2 minutes at about a 7:00/pace, followed by 1:45 of recovery, I repeated this 6 times. I warmup and cool down with a 10 slow jog. I felt better today than I have ever felt on one of these, I am going to try and stick with these through my MDI training, adding an interval each week. I do this on the pumpkin trail, while not the smoothest, flattest surface in the world, it beats the track. I may start taking Reilly with me on these and hitting Bolin Creek Greenway.
I figure my long runs at umstead are as good as any hill workout so I'll stop doing the weekly hill workouts and focus on intervals.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home