Saturday, October 29, 2005

Pumpkin Run Oct 29

I ran in my first pumpkin run today, 5pm on a beautiful fall day. Since the run is on the Pumpkin Loop, which is right in my back yard and the place I run the most, I had to run it. I never know what to do with myself on these short distance runs. The marathon was a big win for me and has really helped my confidence and my fitness. I feel stronger and more in shape since I graduated high school. I even tried on pants today and have dropped a waste size!

There was a GREAT turnout for the run, several trailheads, Skwylr, Mrs. Skwylr, Bobcat, Wort, Yellow Dog (who beat me yet again, that guy has a strong finish in him, I had him all the way to the end), and at every turn there were friends, it was great. I ran the 2.68 (need to verify that) in under 18 minutes, which if the distance is right, that's under 7/mile! I never thought I would be able to run over 2 miles at that speed. The party afterwards was great, cookies, a DJ, pie, pizza, pushup contests, great time!

I am going to take next week completely off from running, will do some biking, but will not return to running until Trailhead Saturday. I've earned it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home