Umstead Long Run Sunday
Conditions: Sunny 70 degrees, VERY NICE!
Today was a pretty big milestone on the marathon training, 18 miles. I was up, at Umstead and ready to run at 7am on the dot. I ran out past the airport runway, all the way to the end of the Black Creek Greenway, which is pretty nice by the way, up to the North Cary Park, around the park, back down to the greenway.
About 1:10 into it I started feeling a little tired, I also think part of it was I was getting bored from the bridal trails and greenway, by the time I reentered Umstead I was almost 2 hours into it. The good thing was the hills seemed a bit shorter and less steep, perhaps I am getting used to them. Thanks to other runners around me on the last hill I really powered up that one as well and had a very nice finish, all total I ran about 2:45, ouch.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home