Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Best 15 minutes of the year

Monday 1/30 I put the montrails back on and returned to the much missed Pumpkin Trail for my first run in over 4 weeks. My knee doesn't feel normal, but boy did that run feel GREAT. I think I smiled the entire run. It felt so good to be back in the woods, back in the sunshine, and yes, back to running. I've never, until Monday, considered myself a runner, yes I've run 2 marathons and 5 1/2 marathons, yes I've been running regularly now for 5 years, but it wasn't until I returned Monday that I realized NO other excercise, not biking, not swimming, nothing, feels like running.

It's hard to believe but other than mile 19-20 (when I realized I was going to finish and finish strong) and the moment my wife passed me in the car around mile 24 during the Mount Desert Island Marathon, the 15 minutes was the best running experience of my life.

Wednesday 2/1 Back out again and I still feel like a kid in the candy store out there, this time I actually ran the entire pumpkin loop and a portion of Witchlands, knee actually felt/feels great. Saturday I'll run 25, next Monday 30, Wednesday 35 and Saturday 40.

Only problem, I'm kinda diggin swimming, so now need to work this into running and mtn biking. Boy is it good to be back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home