Being on the bench sucks
Thursday 1/12/06, I'm about half way through my planned one month break from running. It sucks, and the good weather makes the non-running aspect much worse. The bad news is my knee still hurts. I have a really bad feeling that after this month of no running I will return to the same knee problem I had when I started. I haven't exactly taken a full break and have probably overdone it with the biking. After Friday's scheduled ride (I can't pass the opportunity to ride with a professional mtn biker, Jamie Whitmore, who arrives today to run our little river race.
After Friday I will be taking 2 more weeks off and only lift and possibly take up some swimming, something I am not really looking forward to, talk about another world with its own set of rules, etiquette and inconveniences. I want to make sure that this break actually gives my knee a rest.
The good news, I am doing some walking and hiking, what better way to learn the trails than to walk them? It's been quite nice.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home