Monday, December 26, 2005

Somebody's Watching Me, 12/26 Monday

12/26/05 Monday 4:30 pm
Conditions: 50 degrees, getting dark, ok

Went out for a post Christmas run, felt slow and fat. I took my headlamp as I knew I would end up in the dark on this one. I wanted to get in a little over an hour and after a nice start, bypass, to pumpkin, to lower witchlands, pumpkin, abomination, cross over, #4, power line, bolin creek to bridge, I realized it was dark. I turned on the headlamp and also realized this was the first "real" time I had run with one.

It was fun for about 5 minutes then I realized it was akin to walking around without my contacts or glasses on, you could see, but not really. As I crossed back over and began my return trip along Pumpkin, I noticed a glare, then noticed this glare move, then realized there were two glares and they were the eyes of a deer. I stopped within 10 feet of the deer in time to hear the deer snort and for a split second I thought it was coming at me. It turned and fled and I quickly realized there were more than one deer. As I paralled the runway, I look to my left to see the eerie reflections of at least 10 deer's eyes, it was pretty creepy.

All in all, interesting run, 1:14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home