Saturday, September 10, 2005

Long Long Run Wilmington

Conditions: 70 degrees, windy, sunny, very nice

We are spending the weekend at Wrightsville Beach this weekend and I decided to see if I could find any local trails for running my 20 miles this Saturday. Through the help of www.sirbikesalot.com, I was able to get directions and a trail map of the UNC-W trails. Not exactly Umstead or CHHS, but any trails are better than none.

I headed out around 6:40 and found the UNC-W and after a bit of driving around found the trails. That is one dead campus on a weekend, also strange how everything is confined in one area. The trails were VERY confusing, all sand and pine straw. After an hour of winding around, more spider webs than I can count and a few stray dogs, I was ready to call it quits and hit the roads, but I finally found a nice 30 minute loop and ran that enough times to get my 3 hours in. I was really tired at the end of this run and will really have to hit another 22 and/or 24 miler if I hope to run MDI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home